Sign in to follow this  
phawtrey

Issues with Derek Speare Designs (DSD) FLT1

Hi, all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried the DSD FLT1 button box with either P3D or X-Plane?  I just received mine, but I'm having issues with both the rotary encoders and the on/off switches - they're both sending very intermittent button pulses; even in Windows Game Controller properties, where you can see each button press, they're very intermittent.  I've tried a couple of different USB ports, both directly on the PC (no hub) and a second computer with the same results.

Thanks,

Phil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just a followup to my post; DSD sent me a testing utility that showed that all of the outputs are working so it looks like neither P3D nor X-Plane poll fast enough to catch the short button press signals.  I've installed FSUIPC in P3D and set the button polling to 10 ms and this seems to help a bit but still doesn't catch all of the button presses.

I looked into writing my own handler that would maybe capture the button presses and then send the appropriate event via SimConnect; I can capture all of the button presses but can only get a few of the controls to accept events.  At least I know it's not an issue with the hardware itself.

Cheers,

Phil