Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

Max Roodveldt's Grob Astir

Guest Iceman07

I have tried several times to install this aircraft. I have followed the readme file:"After installing the plane make sure to add the following lines to the CF9.cfg file:[OLDMODULES]SOARRec.dll = 1FSSound.dll = 1Though I couldn't find a "CFG.cfg" file, I added these lines to the file: fs2000.cfgThis install causes all kinds of errors. as far as I can tell, the problems are stemming from the instruction:"This gauge set uses the latest FSUIPC module - it's installed - but don't worry: it's already licensed so you don't have to register it - now that's what I call freeware..."The error I get after starting FS9 states that the versions are not compatible.Has anyone else had problems with this installation?TIARich

Guest Mike_Luchia

I don't have the plane you speak of but I assume you either read it wrong or it is a misprint, as your looking for the FS9.cfg file. Instructions on finding the FS9.cfg file can be found here http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...sg_id=230&page= Remember you have to be able to view hidden files and folders to find it.Also there is instructions on how to make the OldModules section, making sure Old Modules is in square brackets and not the round ones, then add the section below it, like this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/132732.jpgHope this helps getting things working for you.

Guest Iceman07

OK, that's a lot closer. I founde the FS9.cfg file, added the [OldModules] section and the two lines from the readme.When I start up FS9, though I got the error message:"FSUIPC has a problem!! The version of FS2004 detected is not compatble with this version of FSUIPC! It is build 9.01.40901...You need the correct version of FS2004.Check the Help-About: the build should be 9.00.30612.FSUIPC will terminate when you select OK."So I select OK, and sure enough FS9 terminates.What it looks like to me is that the version of the FSUIPC file supplied for this AC is not upward compatible (What does the FSUIPC file do, anyway?) I deleted the FSUIPC.dll file from my Module folder, and then FS9 does start, but when I try to fly the Grob, it gives me a very small window that simply has "FSUIPC Not Linked" and an "OK". If I just select OK, the AC does load and everything seems fine. What is the FSUIPC, and why does the GROB need it? Is there a new version of the FSUIPC.dll file that I can get?Thanks again for your help.Rich

Guest allcott

FSUIPC is a universal interface that allows things programmed outside the sim to talk to things inside the sim, but over the years it has evolved into something much, much more.The free version can be got from here:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmland contains an extensive set of manuals that go into detail as to what the paid-for registered version can do. But the FSUIPC module itself is free to use the integration functions that are being used (presumably) by this aircraft, so just download FSUIPC 3.50 and drop the whole lot into the FS2004/Modules folder and that should take care of any error messages.Hope this helps!Allcott