Sign in to follow this  
Guest captjak

Strange spikes across window and some mesh not appearin...

Guest captjak

Hi all, Not real sure how to explain this, but my sons fs9 has started to have this problem. I have been simming for a couple of years and have never ran into it. I will load a couple of screenshots He sent me so that you can see what I mean. If any of you have any suggestions we sure would appreciate some input.captjakhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/131643.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/131644.jpg

Guest Bottle

Possibilities that come to my mind;A) Graphics drivers not installed properly. If you are using a nVidia card, make sure you follow this order; i) uninstall drivers ii) reboot and hold down F8 key (boots into safe mode) iii) run Driver cleaner Pro to remove old nVidia driver info (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745 Read the instructions!) iv) reboot and install new/old drivers v) reboot and configure:( Incompatible drivers being used (make sure you use the latest official drivers, not beta drivers)C) Graphics card has been overclocked too much (check that your son hasn't been fiddling around with RivaTuner or some such)D) Graphics card overheating (open the case and blow out any dust that may be in the graphics card fan. Also clean out your computer case filters/fans)

Guest Robscho

I have seen something similar in the last few days since upgrading to the Catalyst 5.10 drivers.Mine is caused by the new "Adaptive Antialiasing" which is enabled from the 5.9's upwards, but obviously hasn't benn mastered in the drivers yet, or my card (ATI Radeon X850XT) is not compatible (which it should be as a modern card).If you are using an ATI card check this out - mine disappears as soon as I switch the adaptive AA off, but I don't really want to do this as it makes a positive impact on shimmering and picture quality.I suspect the 5.11 drivers when officially released by ATI may have addressed this.Regards

Guest captjak

To Bottle and Robscho, This unit is one that I built for my son. It's a P4 3.0 g proc 768 mb ddr ram Nvidia FX 5900 card 256 mb ram. with latest drivers. We've gone back and done all that you suggested Bottle and have received no joy. It has not been OC'd and temps are well within the safe margins. Sliders are pretty much set at the middle ground. The computer only has this problem when FS9 or his Need For Speed racing games are being played, other than that it run great. Thanks for the suggestions.captjak