Sign in to follow this  
Guest cebrown

Map selection causes crash

Guest cebrown

I have just started crashing to desktop when I try to select map view or flight planner in any aircraft. I've removed the only recent change but there's no improvement. I've changed seasons in case it is the fall season which some of you have been having trouble with but again no improvement. I only get problems when pressing ALT to give the menus then selecting map or flightplanner. I get no crashes under normal flight in any season. Can anyone please give me the answer? Sending the error reports to MS brings the usual response. Nothing! Colin Brown

Guest pbn

I have had this, some time ago. I'm not certain, but I believe it was a flight (mayby my start up, not sure), which was the problem. I moved all flights, weather and briefings to a temp folder and put set of files back, then I edited FS9.cfg to use that file as startup situation. This cured it for me. Later i made a new start up situation with the C172 to use as start situation.Hope this helps..CheersPeter

Guest firehawk44

It's your video card drivers as the same thing happened to me once. Ended up uninstalling/reinstalling FS9 (brutal) and having the same problem with a new install and no addons. So I figured it was a hardware problem and reinstalled my ATI video card drivers. That fixed the problem. So even though your system states there are no problems with your display adapters and they are working properly or dxdiag indicates there are no problems with your video cards (as happened to me), it's your video card that's causing this problem. However, I think I explained this to someone else who was having this problem (as above) and that didn't fix the problem for them. As I recall he found duplicate AFCAD's which were causing the problem. I still say it's the drivers and driver registry settings causing the problem(s).Jim