Sign in to follow this  
Guest jscharpf

The best first time add on "small" airfield?

Guest jscharpf

I'm searching for one of those small airfields such as "Emma Field" and I see many many offered.I'm wondering which one of these is a good starting airfield.What I'm looking for:An airfield or area that I can fly my DHC-2 Beaver with either wheels or floats.Something that has good ambient sounds, and a good atmosphere.Other than that, just a nice place to land a small plane and look around...I've read reviews on Emma field, Orcas Islands, Harvey and something..They all get great reviews, there's so many it's confusing. I'm just wondering is there a top 5 list of these and which ones are the best.Opinions are greatly appreciated.Jeff

Guest DK8290

I have several of the Washington state area ones (including Orcas) and in my opinion Emma Field is the most fun. I think it's just all the little things like Fritz and the herons (or whatever those large birds are) that land on the chimney. The glider AI and other AI are nice touches.To me anyway it just seems like the one I would buy if I didn't want any others.

Guest slydon

I have Emma field and it is GGGGRRRRRRRREAT!!! I don't know about the others.Don

Guest jscharpf

Thanks for the input!That's two votes for emma field! :)Guess that will be the first one I try.Jeff