Dear Friends.

I have recently upgraded to a new Skylake chip and SSD's. I have been using 3 Sony 17inch monitors that I have made into one desktop 3840x1280. The LCD's are over 10 years old so beginning to show their age. I have been eyeing the new LG Ultrawide monitors. I have a question for those that might have upgraded from multi monitor to a single widescreen. Obviously the width is not as great but I wonder from having no bezels if the experience feels more immersive and if the resolution feels better with one single display? I have always liked the wrap around of 3 monitors. I use Track IR. I am also wondering whether VR will be big soon so should hold off. I am running a GTX 770 but think a 1070 would be better.

Any advice most appreciated.

Many Thanks

Hamish

It's all personal choice. I had 3 x 23" 1080p monitors. Bezels bothered me way too much.

I now have a single 34" ultra wide 3440x1440 (dell u3415w) and not going back...

I just bought the LG Ultrawide 34inch. 21.9

OMG I think I have died and gone to heaven.. The clarity immersion the sheer beauty it's nothing like 3 screens... I wish I had done this far sooner...

Wow.

Hamish