Sign in to follow this  
alpinflier

Window and panel configuration

Hi everybody

I have installed P3D_3.4 and PMDG737NGX (P3D-version) on Win10 and use them for a homecockpit. There are 5 monitors as cockpit panels showing zoomed instruments and the two CDU screens. By shifting and zooming I can place the displays with the mouse to the correct positions. Then I can save the flight and reload it. Up to now this works quite satisfying :smile: .

Now I wanted to optimise/align positions and dimensions of the displayed instruments, as it was possible in the .flt files of FSX. But I was not able to find a readable file for that. I think these definitions are hidden in the nameofflight.fxml.fmc file. But this file is not readable by a simple editor.

Is there a way to access window/panel configuration data and modify them? Besides positioning it would be also helpful to define priority for overlapping displays, window titles and other window related data. Thanks for any infos.

Urs Meyer

Ups, sorry, after some work  I found the correct file in the document directory: nameofflight.fxml . I made some tests with changing positions and dimensions directly in this file and this works fine.

Concerning panel titles and frames I could not find a parameter to switch them off individually. This is only achieved by selecting "full screen" for all together. I think such titles are integrated in the panel definitions. Can these panel definitions be edited somewhere?

Second question: I need the standby instruments as separate, undockable panels, so that I can move them to the middle cockpit monitor. Is this possible?

Help is most appreciated.

Urs Meyer