Sign in to follow this  
JohnMcP

Cutback / QCS option

My first post here.  I fly the NGX for FlyUK VA, and really enjoy the detailed simulation, which I bought a few months ago

I have all my airframes set up to use a combination of fixed de-rates and assumed temp, and I use TopCat with NAVIGRAPH/ASN/VATSIM weather to generate takeoff performance data for each flight.

I use either NADP1 or NADP2 (or whatever local variant of these is specified on the departure airport charts) but I've been reading Boeing's docs about their Quiet Climb System and I see this is modelled in the NGX as a 'cutback' option in the FMC. I understand what it does, and how to programme it in the FMC, but I can find very little real-world or FS information about how and when QCS/Cutback is used. Specifically:

• Do I use it instead of NADP1/2?
  • Can it be used safely with the other reduced-thrust takeoff methods (cutback effect climb power and profile rather than takeoff)?
  • Do operators who've bought QCS use it as standard, or only at certain noise-sensitive airports (I've seen the John Wayne departure video online!)?

Any/all advice from Boeing captains gratefully accepted!

John McPherson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!