Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

AI planes take off and never return..............please help.

Guest phspa

Hello,everyoneI recently downloaded edwards_afb_ai by Dave O'Brien and istalled it with the really nice scenery of Edwards AFB v 1.01 by Dennis Waggoner. It's a perfect environment for testing fast jets and practice landings. And now there I also have several military AI aircraft taxiing and taking off. However there's a nasty problem I just can't solve. The AI aircraft neatly approach for landing at RW 22 or 04 but instead of landing they all declare a missed approach and keep on going around or ATC tells them to go around. One might suppose RW 22/04 is long enough (even used for Discovery landing) and there are no obstacles around. The AI planes do land at other airbases (Nellis, Holloman, Whiteman, McChord) and so on.I tried various Afcad settings in case of the airport-height and the ILS glideslope. Also tried to adjust settings using TTools but nothing helps. The AI aircraft take off and are not able to land. I searched on several forums but no luck. The only thing I discovered was that things should work OK at FS2004. Also I found that Dennis Waggoner planned in the past to upgrade his Edwards scenery completely and there would come a link to a version that in the meantime would work even better with FS2004 . So I searched for this file (http://www.wagsterstuff.com/kedw102.zip) but it seems that this site exists no more. What a pity! So perhaps you might be able and willing to help me out with this problem or someone can provide a link to this kedw102.zip.Best regards,Jack, Private Pilot.PHSPA (the plane on which I flew my first solo ten years ago)

Guest Kingair315

Did you install the patch for KEDW? If not that may help. There also is a file he uploaded for Runway12 in Feb of 2005, you can find if you search for Dennis Waggoner. You might try in that file to see if there may be an email address for him.