Sign in to follow this  
cnietsch

MSE Colorado v3 default texture bleed-thru

Hello everyone,
As this is my first post on Avsim, please let me introduce myself.  My name is Charlie and I’m located in Denver, CO.  I’ve been a simmer since MSFS 5.1 (circa 1995 – Avsim was called “Avsim Magazine” at the time).  While focused on MSFS versions, I’ve flown just about every flight simulation program over the years (e.g., Flight Unlimited, ProPilot, Fly!, and X-Plane).  Until recently, I’d settled on P3D.  Following the Avsim review of AeroFly FS 2, I decided to buy it and haven’t been disappointed.  But I digress…
AeroFly is my first experience with photo-real scenery.  I was so impressed that I thought it might be worthwhile to give it a shot in P3D with my home state of Colorado from MSE.
Most of the areas I’ve flown, VFR around the Denver metro area and a bit of cross-country – KAPA to KASE, all suffer from the display of a mix of MSE and default textures.  In many cases, I see the MSE textures displayed and then suddenly “replaced” by the default textures.  I went as far as reinstalling P3D from scratch followed by installing MSE to no avail.  (And yes, MSE is the highest priority in the scenery library.)
After two emails to support@megasceneryearth.com, they finally replied stating they believed FreeMeshX was the problem.  (I had included a screenshot of my scenery library and scenery settings along with shots demonstrating the problem.)  Although skeptical as FreeMeshX doesn’t cover the continental US and not sure how underlying mesh could affect texture priority, I disabled FreeMeshX and, as I expected, it had no effect.
Has anyone experienced this?  Is there a solution?
Thanks very much,
-Charlie

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!