boofhead

Airplane Models Duplicate

There are a lot of different variations in appearance in some airplane models.  Such as different colors, different operators, slung loads, floats and such.  They are all in the original airplane folder.  When I try to open one of the models I get a message telling me there are identical airplanes and I cannot continue until I acknowledge that message and the dozen or so that pop up for all the different variations.  Like a R22 club, R22 red, R22 sling etc.  They all come up as R22 on selection.  Is there a way I can delete all the extra configurations and use just one basic type of configuration to avoid the messages?  I tried deleting the extra configurations from the airplane (rotor wing ) folder but then the airplane choice did not appear in the Prepar3d airplane list at all.  I select the star for favorites but it made no difference.  I figure there should be a minimum set of files and they all appear in different folders are there any rules for this?  Should I delete from those other folders too?

In the rotor wing models the center windscreen column is always displayed and when I move the instrument panel down to the panel monitor I have to take it way down to keep that bar out of sight or else it protrudes into the outside view.  Is there a way to modify the panel view to just show the instrument panel alone?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!