Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

Fs9 shuts down without error-message...

Guest janove

Hi!Lately, the Fs9 has shut down and returned to windows suddenly. Many times without any error-message. It`s pretty frustrating because it`s impossible to find out about the problem. I think some scenery-addons could have caused some of the errors, but even after removing them the simulator acts weard.Anybody who knows what may be causing these unpredictable shutdowns?Regards,Jan Ove Larssen

Guest bobsk8

Have you tried running Scan AFD looking for any duplicate Afcads?

Guest firehawk44

In addition to Bob's recommendation, I would check your system application event viewer and see if there are any error messages. Sometimes the event viewer will pinpoint a problem. You also need to let us know when it crashes. While loading? During a flight? Is it the same flight/aircraft/location? Did you recently upgrade your video drivers? If so you might want to uninstall/reinstall as improperly installed drivers have been known to cause CTD's.Jim

Guest Robscho

Assuming you have installed the FS9 upgrade to v9.1, the most common cause of this is AFCADS with "unconnected" parking spots. If FS( puts and plane in the parking spot, FS9 will crash as soon as the aircraft pushes back and makes a taxi reauest, as FS9 will be unable to find a route to the active runway.I have spent many hours going through mine - there are lots of them around.If you have the latest version of AFCAD, you can load up the AFCAD, go , and AFCAD will find any isolated parking spots for you.The best way of working out which AFCADS might be faulty, is working out all the airfields for which you have an add-on scenery within a radius of 120nm (the range to which AI traffic is displayed) of where you are getting the CTD, particularly the ones you have added most recently. There are lots of AFCADs for the UK2000 sceneries (older ones), the swiss sceneries by D Gauthier, a couple in Belgium, a few in northern italy that have rogue afcads.The last ones I found were in EGDL in the UK and LSMP in Switzerland.Happy hunting

Guest janove

Hi again!Thanks for the advices!I`ve not installed the fs 9 upgrade, should I do that? I`ve heard that many have got problems afterwards with other issues, not necessarily AFCAD.I experienced the error-problems when I first installed some swiss aiports, especially heliports which I made some AFCAD, in order go straight to them from the "create fligh-menu". I removed them afterwards though. But still, the error has occured after that. As you said, some airports in Northern Italy could have bad AFCAD. F.ex at LIPD, Bolzano, I got a crash recently. But none before I installed some swiss airports. Maybe the aircraft too is involved?But to sum up, I should mnainly check for bad AFCAD`s?Regards,Jan Ove

Guest sb55mv

Hi Jan,some great advice from the others above, good luck with the AFCAD scanning, a tip for you in the future, whenever you add / change an AFCAD, always scan/check it first, I have saved a lot of problems before now by taking a few mins to do this.regarding the patch, YES you do need it, not only does it add / change some of the bridges etc, but it also up-dates some of the .dll's etc, and cures a large memory leak that developed in FS9, so yes, get up to date to version 9.1, just make sure that you do it correctly, some experienced issues because they ran the up-date to FS9.1 from a temp folder or the desktop, make sure you drop the up-date exe into you're Main FS9 Folder, eg C prog files, ms games, FS9 folder.Steve,