Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Multiplayer question

Wanted to ask about something odd w/FS2004 multiplayer. I finally moved up to broadband, so wanted to try out Multiplayer. I'm hitting an odd issue--when I use the Zone, after I sign in I am being taken to a page for FS2002 flights. If I refresh the page, FS2002 flights and FS2004 flights load. The link in my registry for FS2004 points to the FS2004 redirect link--so what gives.My last MP session was approx. eight weeks ago, and at that point in time clicking the Zone launched the right set of sessions. Has anyone ever seen this? Clearing my IE cache & cookies seems to make no difference.Thanks,John

Guest Paul Heaney

First mistake, the Zone :)John, check your router, is this a Linksys router, by chance (If you are using one) Check for the option UPnP, and disable it, if it's enabled.Not sure what else to suggest, except try VATSIM or IVAO :)Good Luck.

I'm not using a router--I'm running straight off the cable modem. I didn't know whether this was a cable modem issue or not, so I disabled the cable modem and tried to use my old dial up connection. No change--strange. I also haven't installed a firewall yet. I can still connect to multiplayer sessions, but only after the page refresh. I haven't tried a straight IP connection, but I will visit Flightboard sometime today and try.-John

One thing I wanted to mention--now that I do have broadband I've been flying a couple of IP sessions, and I've downloaded Teamspeak. What a nice add-on--I've been talking to a fellow simmer online for a couple hours now and he sounds like he's in the same room, much to the confusion and pleasure of my six year old who wants to know why a person's trapped in my computer.-John