Sign in to follow this  
Guest ianrivaldosmith

UK2000

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi all, Need a bit of advice.does anyone know how good UK2000 is on the frames? I would like to install part 8 as it includes my home airport of Newcastle (EGNT).My system is:- Celeron 2.5gigRadeon 9550 128mbit1024 MB DDR pc2700 RAMI constantly acheve 18-20 FPS locked at 20 whilst using the PMDG 737 and ASV6 with the high performance clouds. Would UK2000 part 8 be worth the

Guest Adverse Yawn

Its pretty good, but I get annoyed with the tendancy of the old terrain to show through the UK2000 textures at a number of fields in series 1,2,3 and 4. Also, I find that the UK2000 textures always are revealed long after the rest of the terrain when you look away and then glance back again. I have the latest patches and I haven't tried to fix the problem beyond that.

Guest ianrivaldosmith

I have heard some people say they get great frames throughout the scenery UNTIl they are facing down the runway with the scenery in view then it drops to 5FPS! Im not a FPS freak and as long as i achieve flyable 14+ on approach that does me, but 5FPS??Ian

Guest codrivermike

I have UK2000 pt7 as I wanted Manchester. It's very good though not earth shattering. There are plenty of good freeware airports out there that have the same type of "active" features. Pabsts Bremen for example and the IFSD Dublin. So really if there had been a freeware Manchester I wouldn't have bought UK2000.Having said that, I have no frame rate problems and that is with it running on high detail with antialiasing and antistropic filtering on x4.If you do go for it make sure that there are no other Newcastle afcad files in your scenery folder and don't select the static scenery aircraft.Best regardsMichael

Guest jennifer

I find all the ones I have good on frames especially the later ones, and easily comparable with other payware airports, and they are very authentic and involving too.

Guest Adverse Yawn

I don't find frames a problem, just texture load/refresh letency. Its not a big problem, but irritating.