Sign in to follow this  
Col1948

EU England in squares

I just bought EU England scenery, installed it via the FTX Central 3, I go in FSX selected my local airport Manchester EGCC, the scenery was a mess, it was nothing but large squares and some were water.

I went online to find a cure and one topic said to uninstall Orbx, delete the Shader from FSX and do a repair.  I found 2 shader files one was called 'Shaders' the other 'Shaders10' so I backed them up before deleting then moved them outside the sim.
When I started FSX again the squares were still there so then I disabled the Orbx in the scenery folder and then the squares had gone but obviously back to the default scenery.

They were labelled in the scenery folder:

FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY (Priority1)

FTX_EU_ENG_06_CVX          (Priority2)

FTX_EU_ENG_07_MESH       (Prioriy3)

FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM (Priority4)

If I just disable CUSTOM and leave the others the squares go but the scenery stays as default.

So do I uninstall Orbx and do a FSX repair and have to go through the whole download thing again, if so this is a pain?  I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit as well if that means anything?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I read none of this will work unless I buy the global libraries, is that correct?  If so I'm well annoyed, it should state that first on the website but I saw no mention of it.

Sorted!!!  Someone on another website told me I needed the FTX Libraries or the other scenery won't work, I never knew it is located withing the FTX Central 3 installer, the file is right at the bottom and I mist it when I was installing the other scenery.

It should be in big block letters on the website for new users what files are needed first and it would save them/us a lot of time and trouble.

Any way it is all working now and it looks good.