MDPB

VFXCentral & ChasePlane not closing

Some of this has already been reported, my problem is that following the latest update V0.3.5 when FSX is closed VFXCentral and ChasePlane do not close. Task Manager shows them running and closing manually is not a problem but why should I? As previously stated restarting FSX brings up a message that FSX is still running when in fact it is not. My only option has been to reboot the computer and start afresh. Can we please change ChasePlane to a more stable update and have the software dudes fix what is really a very good program.

Thanks.

Follow up: I wondered if I have the same problem with P3D V4 that I also have installed. P3D refused to load as another SODE process was running, or so the error message stated. This message advised to open Windows Task Manager and close this process. On doing so I found that VFXCentral.exe*32 was running even though I do not have the FSX or P3D options set to auto-start ChasePlane. Closing this process in Task Manager allowed P3D to load but the VFXCentral.exe*32 process starts again. Why? This appears to be causing all sorts of problems.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!