Sign in to follow this  
boofhead

Window on top

I am using Prepar3d V3.  I like the way I can set up a big outside view over three monitors and make the aspect ration look right, but I have trouble setting up the instrument panel.  Many models do not show a panel at all even though they are supposed to work with Prepar3d.  Another problem is that the instrument panel for a Rotor Wing Model always includes the center column.  I have a three screen display for the outside view and a second monitor below for the instruments.  In order to display the actual instruments on the lower monitor I need to pull it up which puts the column into the outside view.  Even the panels that do not have a big column included still have to be raised up and the top of the window obscures the bottom edge of the outside view badly.  Does not seem to matter if the outside view is set to virtual or full.

Can I change the instrument panel to crop out the column and leave just the main panel, IFR panel I think it was called in FSX?

How can I make the outside view overview the instrument display, be on top so that the instrument panel will slide up underneath it?  Is there a code for that?  How do I access it?  I notice that when I add another window such as a radio panel, it goes on top of the instrument panel.  Does it change with the order in which the panels are selected?