Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stan V

Another Puzzler...

Guest Stan V

I can't get my FS2004 to load and execute a stored flight (FLT&WX) by double clicking on a FLT file icon. I am running Win XP and I know correctly how to set this up. In fact, my FS2004 starts with no problem using this technique. The issue seems to be, however, that the correct path+filename for the FLT file gets modified (shortened) before it gets considered by FS2004 and as a result, the sim tells me it cannot find the requested flight file. The name it is looking for is displayed but, as I said, it is not complete and as a result, the run always aborts. For whatever it is worth, the FLT files this happens with are all valid files - I can select and run the same flights from within FS2004 with no problem.My suspicion is that a third party add-on is interfering somehow. Initially I suspected my Spash Screen Randomizer of this but removing it temporarily did not make a difference. I also re-copied my FS9.exe file from the CD but that too didn't help. Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone think of an add-in that might be causing a disruption like this? Suggestions would be appreciated. I am not running many add-ins that add programming functionality. LAGO's FSE is one I do have.Stan V.