Sign in to follow this  
Guest vfr_canuck

Looking for some tips from the 206 experts

Guest vfr_canuck

After some initial "getting used to", I have to say the Carenado 206 is really growing on me, even more than their 182 RG.However, I still have some frustrating problems with "speed management". I just can't seem to be able to slow the plane down properly in approach, pattern and final. I often have to set flaps above proper speeds, resulting into sometime dramatic "ballooning".I know there's lots of fans of the 206 here, and was wondering if anyone would share some tips on how to transition properly from cruise, to descent, to approach and then final speed.Thanks in advance for the feedback!VFR_CanuckMy hangar: Flight1 PC-12, MAAM DC3, Carenado 182 RGII, Eaglesoft Cirrus SR-22, RealAir SF-260, Carenado 206.

Guest allcott

It's a big, heavy (for a GA) plane, so the best advice is get the speed off before dropping the nose - even raise the nose to achieve the speed reduction to get the flaps down.Not sure about the flap extension effects in the Carenado 206, seems a little `off` in terms of drag v. lift, but as soon as you can get the second stage down the aircraft acts less like a balloon, more like a brick. And with full flap you'll probably want to keep some power on until the flare. They do seem to have caught the `nose heavy` nature of the real bird quite nicely! So its a question of getting to the correct extension speeds with quite severe power reduction while still in level flight.Allcott

Guest vfr_canuck

Thanks guys!Exactly the type of tricks I was looking for! Time to head back to the bush. VFR_CanuckMy hangar: Flight1 PC-12, MAAM DC3, Carenado 182 RGII, Eaglesoft Cirrus SR-22, RealAir SF-260, Carenado 206