Sign in to follow this  
Guest dswo

Can I change the colour of the cockpit in the VC

Guest gasebah

Is there a simple way to change the cockpit colour in the VC? For example change the white interior of DF's baron into black?Alex

If the part is textured, you can simply change the texture. If the part is untextured (which is pretty rare in a VC, but can be the case sometimes), there's a little utility out there called MDLMat by Martin Wright. If you search under "Johnci" in the screenshots forum, you'll see an example of how I used this tool to update Dreamfleet's C177 for FS2002. Although that was applied to the external model, the same tool can be used to adjust the color of any untextured part (edit: and even the highlights, opacity and specular qualities of Textured parts). In the case of the C177, it's hard to see, but you'll note that there's a hint of yellow sunlight in the dynamic shine I added to that model. -JohnFinal Edit:Here's a link to my MDLMat work vs. the Dreamfleet 177http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&mesg_id=226047

Guest gasebah

Thx John. I will check it out.Alex