Sign in to follow this  
MerouMae

multiplayer not available in the menu

despite many reinstallation of fs9 after change of hard disk for an ssd, fs9 works fine but in the menu "Flight" at the extreme left of the menus, the entry multiplayer is not available ( grey).

Can some one help me to understand the origin of the problem? previously I have been active in IVAO network with no problem with my FS

I have never used the multiplayer option but when I look at the Flight menu on my system I don't have an entry "Multiplayer" - not even a greyed out one.  The only menu options available are "Connect" and "Settings".  FWIW I can't even see "Multiplayer" as a menu option being mentioned in the FS9 Help system. :dry:

Dijvid

Hello Dijvid,

Thks to consider the pb.

In my FS9 I have, as you say, two entries: "Connect" and 'settings". The "connect" is grey and not available.

When I create a new flight and enter in the menu "Flight" at extreme left of the menu bar, I have the following items:

.select a flight

.reinitiatlize a flight

.record a flight

.organizer of a flight

.navigation log

.multiplayer

.end of flight

.exit

The entries navigation log and multiplayer are grey and not available. :angry:

As my FS is configurated in french, I did translate the items. So I am not sure of the exact label in a config in English

Best regards

OK, I understand now.

I'm afraid that I know nothing about using multiplayer in FS2004 so cannot even begin to make any suggestions on how to solve your problem.  But have you considered posting in the FlightSim forum - that one seems to be more active than this forum and there must surely be a few people still using multiplayer.

Good luck!

Dijvid

Thanks for your suggestion

I did follow the link you posted; I am using FS2004 for which it is indicated that FSHost is not necessary.

FSHostClient is a free program to connect FSX and Prepar3D to FSHost servers. FS2002 and FS2004 are able to connect to FSHost with their built-in multiplayer systems so users of those versions don't need FSHostClient.

unquote

In fact I want to connect ti IVAO network.

Thanks again for your answers.

2 hours ago, MerouMae said:

Thanks for your suggestion

I did follow the link you posted; I am using FS2004 for which it is indicated that FSHost is not necessary.

FSHostClient is a free program to connect FSX and Prepar3D to FSHost servers. FS2002 and FS2004 are able to connect to FSHost with their built-in multiplayer systems so users of those versions don't need FSHostClient.

unquote

In fact I want to connect ti IVAO network.

Thanks again for your answers.

FSHostClient is for FSX and P3D only. FSHost 3.2 is for FS2002 and FS2004 only.

For IVAO, you'll need the IvaP client software: https://www.ivao.aero/softdev/IvAp/IvAp_downl.asp