Sign in to follow this  
kip1967

finally fixed blurry ground textures fsx se

Finaly, after so many tweaking, installs and different systems I found out what to do with blurry ground textures on fsx (and SE). I can not say this will help everybody but at least let me join this.

Many people have said that using nvidia inspector to controll your maximum framerate (mostly set to 30), this is not the way to do it.

Changing parameters in fsx.cfg may have some result on high end computers but.....

At the end FSX has this framerate slider to chose having maximum framerate OR exeptable scenery loading (sharpness).

All default settings for fsx.cfg can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=359111682

Let nvidia inspector do the job....don't put maximum framerates THERE! leave it unlimmited.

Set slider in FSX to 30 frames excact (if you have a 60Hrz monitor) so the FSX-engine now can rule within itself to load proper scenery. Don't set sliders too high and don't expect to get 30 frames at all time. But I am pretty sure now that my scenery is not loaded as blurry anymore and I still get an average framerate over 20 to 30. I can no enjoy scenery and fly.

I was overruled by suggestings saying that other programs or nvidia should descide my framerate. Let  FSX do it.

Greetz,

Kip1967

system:

MSI GS72 6QC

Windows 10 64, 8Gb RAM

IntelCore I7-6700HQ 2.6Ghz

Nvidia  Gforce 960M

FSX Steam

ORBX Global, FX, Europe

REX

PMDG NGX

FSDT