Sign in to follow this  
plicpriest1

Installation

Hello all!

I just did the download and install of the Premier into P3DV3. Now I am having a major difficulty. When I open P3D all I get is a black screen. If I hit ESC I can get the usual escape menu options. The only one to really work is the exit option. So I did an uninstall of the Premier. Still my P3D is broken. Okay no problem I reinstalled the P3D client. Cool, all works well! Now I reinstall the Premier. Problem again (black screen, nothing works, may CTD). Hmmm So now I get crafty. I reinstall the P3D client (leaving the Premier installed). Hey! It works. I can fly my Premier. Do a flight, exit, try to reenter P3D, Problem. Same black screen.

So 1. Anybody else have this problem? 2. How do I resolve this? 3. If no known solution, where should I start to look for the culprit?

Never had this sort of problem with a Carenado/ Alabeo before.

Thanks in advance

Brian

Ok so I am working on this problem. What I have found is this:

Whatever was installed from the premier, wherever that went, has broken my P3D. I have narrowed it down to the carenavigraph dll's and cmeto dll's. Now does anybody know what exactly they are for? I pulled them out of the P3D folder and suddenly like magic P3D works again.

Thoughts?

Also, when P3D loads up I get a quick loading scenery bar. Obviously not supposed to do that.

Ok I got it working.

For anyone else who may have this issue, go to your main p3d directory and find the Cmateo dll and pull it out. Save it because I really dont know what it is for. After that everything works normal. And yes the aircraft flys well with no additional issues