Sign in to follow this  
stealthbob

PMDG DC-6 reactivate issue

I was using the DC6 on XP10  (bought soon after release) and when I started using XP11 I simlinked the PMDG folder to test it. It worked well and I forgot about the simlink.  I have dropped XP10 entirely now. I was successful at deactivating it on XP10 and then used the uninstaller to remove it. I installed it in the XP11 side but it doesn't come up with an activation window when I load.

Other observations:

• the plugins drop down for the plane are greyed out so I cant select activate
  • the pilot images are in the cockpit
  • I added a hard drive to my system which from my reading may be the issue?

I obviously went wrong, like the sim link thing, but just need some guidance on how to get this activated again. I went to start a ticket but it indicated only do so for when you are getting a "out of activations nag" which I am not getting so I thought I would start here as my searching has not found a solution.

I have well over a hundred hours with this one and use this heavy in the FSE world...eager to get back.

Thanks

Bob LeBlanc

It would seem its an XP11 issue and a recent Beta (yes i understand this is not a n official XP11 model)...they changed something with the plugins code and how they load. Basically it borked the custom controls. 

Fix was to:

• Launch plane
  • Open plugins admin
  • Check the PMDG plugin to on 
  • Sounds was still an issue so a plane reload was required (a simple change in ramp spot fixes this)

Ultimately I should not have written over my main install with a Beta without having a back up but at least this was a successful work around.

Hope that helps any other XP11 users.

Bob LeBlanc

Note to any mod, an edit to the title may help others  "XP11-beta failed plugin controls [Solved]. The title is very misleading as activation had nothing to do with my issue.