Sign in to follow this  
Duke748

VOR Display Issues

Hi Guys

I've been trying to get my head around the X-Plane B737 over the past few days and I don't understand the VOR navigation model. I've spent countless hours in this aircraft in FSX so I thought I'd be able to pick it up fairly quickly.

I thought that if you selected a valid in range VOR frequency in the active NAV radio panel and then clicked the VOR1 switch in the eyebrow panel (left of the autopilot settings panel) then the VOR ident and range would appear at the bottom left of the right hand MFD. No matter what I do, the VOR ident and range just appear as dashes on the MFD so I can't use VOR or ILS to navigate.

I've seen videos on YouTube where this information is displaying correctly so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. If anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers 

Morning Duke,

I found this tutorial but it's apparently for the x737 project (free 737 add on for x-plane from the EADT guys)

http://downloads.eadt.eu/manual/x737landing_manual-v1.2.pdf

Apart from this I couldn't find much info on the issue apart from a few posts claiming this was a known problem and the system was bugged, but those were on older x-plane versions so I hope this problem has been fixed in the meantime (and we've both seen working demos online on YT). 

All the best, 

Uwe