Sign in to follow this  
Guest Palithius

Virtual Blackbox Project

Guest Palithius

Hello,My name is Roberto Lopez, I am an MSFS forums lurker so I never post, just read - until recently.The Add-On Forum for MSFS looks somewhat neglected so I decided to post this here instead, my apologies to any webmaster that needs to move this post.In my spare time in the last couple of months I have been working on an FS9 add-on that some of you may be interested in. Its a spare time project and I think I am at a point where I could really use suggestions and advice. Here is what the project is all about (gonna copy/paste from the site)Virtual Blackbox is a flight tracking system for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. It is distinguished by its ability to capture distinct viewpoint screenshots without interfering or modifying the user's flight view. Moreover, these screenshots, along with flight data information provided by the simulator, are transmitted to the Virtual Blackbox server during the course of the flight. In this way, Flight Simulator enthusiasts that visit the Virtual Blackbox web site can see views of users' flight simulations from anywhere in the world as they happen!. All of this is accomplished without interfering with the user's simulation experience at all!Right now the project is undergoing development and testing, but I am hoping people can see where I am going with this. If you think its lame I suppose I can understand, but hopefully I can get some good suggestions on it. Yes it really does take screenshots of any view in the simulator WITHOUT interfering with the simulation at all. It can take a screenshot of the spot plane view while you are in cockpit mode and you will not see it happen nor will you ever see the spot plane itself - it happens completely transparently.I am going to need a couple of beta testers. I need just 2 people with the following requirements:1. Sense of Humor2. Trustworthy (will not disclose the binaries)3. Have Windows 2000 or Windows XP4. Must have FS9You can visit the Virtual Blackbox website here:http://palithius.dyndns.orgI host the web server so if it is *slow* please be patient.You can see all of the test flights I have run while debugging the system. Right now I am dealing with a bug in full screen mode, but anyhow. Please feel free to contact me at palithius@hotmail.com - please no nastiness!Roberto