Sign in to follow this  
wyman_hd

TomatoShade and P3D v4.4

I use the default TomatoBright.ini preset, and it kind of works in P3D v4.4, but there's a few things. 

First, dynamic reflections are temporarily disabled, (until next update).

But, the next one is something I have a problem with. Some materials just do not show up in TomatoShade.

One good example of this, is the throttle on the default F-22. When you shut down the engines, the throttles disappear.

Here it is:

DvUg6RQUYAAENwe.jpg

Then it's gone:

DvUg6RPUUAIosvp.jpg

You can very clearly see the shadows, but the actual throttle isn't there.

I think it's because TomatoShade isn't ready for v4.4, so for the time being, I'll restore original shaders.

If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know (anything to disable?).

-Aaron

Edited by arwasairl

Hello,

I'm not sure where you read that dynamic reflections werent ready for 4.4, a compatibility update has been released with them working. Although with a few possible diffuse or shiny issues and no support for aircraft that use the new PBR. 

Are you on version 27?

6 hours ago, TooSpooky said:

Are you on version 27?

Yes I am, and it doesn't work. I tried the PMDG 737 with a preset, and no reflections whatsoever.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/113608-P3D-v4-4-and-TomatoShade look at Daube's comments. On one of them, he says they're temporarily
disabled.

"The version 2.7 of TomatoShade is now available and is compatible with P3Dv4.4 
The old preset I made with the version 2.3 worked perfectly.

If I understood correctly, in TomatoShade 2.7, the reflection effects are temporarily disabled."

Edited by arwasairl