Sign in to follow this  
Guest jrobert

What's coming from the sky?

We hear many suggestions of all kind for the next version of flight simulator. I must confess, I think alot about the fsx and what I'd like to see improved.One thing I haven't seen discussed until now is precipitation. precipitation hasn't changed much over the last years and is not much more than a visual effect in flight simulator. Well, I'd like to see that changed! Good precipitation simulation would ad a lot to the immersion and feel of realism to the sim.Here are three points to start with:1. More types and variation of precipitation than rain and snow. What about hail, small hail, snow pellets, snow grains, freezing rain and drizzle?2. Please let the precipitation also have an effect on the aircraft and scenery like ice build up, water on the windshield, grip on the runway etc.3. Proper falling angle of the precipitation relativly to the wind speed, aircraft motion and turbulence, changing smoothly and dynamic way.what do you guys think?best regards,:-beerchugC.G.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I totally agree!One of the things that is really annoying and a bit on the psycodelic side is when you're flying through a heavy snow storm, you feel as if though you're flying through some wierd sort-of time warp worm-hole supernatural oddity.Another thing I totally agree with is how unrealistic the rain or snow is when you're taking off or landing. The rain or snow in FS9 appears to suddenly switch from straight falling rain to near-horizontal rain or vice-versa when your aircraft is at that threshold speed.I do hope that in FSX, this is improved.Regards,Joshua Robertson (Creator of FS Real Time)3D Softworks Design Studioshttp://www.3dsoftworks.net