Sign in to follow this  
Guest Herrie

New screenshots, Feb 21

Guest JoJoDawg

>Maybe he meant E3. :')>>Edit:>>Forgot to mention that the new shots look very nice. A Video>sure would hit the spot though. ;')>>LOL... Whoops... Yeah I meant E3. My bad. Guess that's what I getfor reading way too many tech forums lately. Everything is getting mumble jumble in the old cranium.

Guest Bell206freak

Quote:++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++I'm still a little bothered by the rotor blur effect usedonthe default JetRanger. I hope that gets fixed beforerelease,because I find it to be highly inaccurate. The JetRanger isatwo-bladed main rotor helicopter and in nearly everyscreenshot, it's as if they've "swapped" a 407 rotor on it.Meh.>>Great screenshots, though. I'm definitely anxious for therelease, that's for sure!!-Steve+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Steve, you might want to read Jason's comments to this problemhere:http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=14412+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++I dunno.. The rotor blur effect just doesn't look very accurate, IMHO. In every photo I have ever seen (and I have at least a few hundred on my harddrive alone) of the Bell JetRanger - while in-flight or not, the number of main rotor blades can clearly be distinguished. And when I look up at a JetRanger passing overhead in reality, I can clearly distinguish the fact that there's two main rotor blades instead of four, and I likewise can distinguish that fact while flying in one.I don't particularly mean to sound like I am just preaching on top of a soapbox here, but I am probably the biggest Bell JetRanger fanatic there is, and stuff like that just irks me. Those screenshots look like they transplanted an OH58B Kiowa Warrior (Bell 407) main rotor hub and blade assembly onto a standard JetRanger.Heck, when I first started flying the Bell JetRanger in Flight Simulator 2004, I was excited to see things looked a bit more "realistic" per se, but after I took my first real-world flight in one, I quickly noticed that Microsoft made some huge mistakes in the virtual cockpit.