Sign in to follow this  
aviator333

Adding G1000 Panel to Aircraft in P3D v3

Hi All,

I'm new to panel/gauge design and trying to copy the default G1000 PFD panel from the Mooney Bravo to a new aircraft to be able to display airspeed, altitude, heading, etc. on another monitor. I'm using Prepar3D V3 right now. What I've done is pretty much copy the Window definition from the Bravo's panel.cfg file into the other aircraft's panel.cfg file, and copied all of the files within the Bravo's panel folder into the new aircraft's panel folder. The new panel.cfg file has these lines for the G1000:

[Window03]
background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=510, 337
visible=0
position=8
ident=MAIN_PANEL
gauge00=G1000!G1000_PFD,           0,0,510,337

When I load P3D I can see the panel available, but when I click on it, it loads for half a second, then nothing displays. It's probably something really simple, I just haven't had the experience to be able to debug it myself. I also have looked around and can't find much written on how to copy existing panels.

Let me know if I can provide any additional info!