Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

FSX + photoscenery + mesh... Do we need that autogen an...

Guest davewins

>Photo real and autogens are not mutally exclusive. >>Phtoreal sceneries are very good and they don't need autogens>except maybe tall buildings for high altitude flights. One of>the issues with phototextures is, if you fly anything real>fast you end up with blurries.>>Autogens are real good and absolute must in low level flight>like Bush flying and approach to land.>>The best ones are the ones that uses both... selective>photoreal textures with intelligent autogen placments. >>I have two such vendors that speciallzes in this 1. Real>scenery Zones like Portland scnery. and 2. Aerosoft's Gernman>sceneries. >>Try the Aerosot's German scenery 4 EDER (Wasserkupe)>airport..in a widescreen 24" monitor.. it'll blow your mind.>>MannyI think this is a very good topic and I really think it should be pinned. Unless most simmers don't care about low-level flight and 3d graphics for landing/taking off. This is what I really care about. I have never flown FZ01 or FZ02 but I have seen one video and it looks amazing and this is with FS9. I can only imagine how much better it can even look with FSX. It's all a little confusing. You can't just look at numbers I guess (in this case meters/pixel) and take it for what its worth. I guess it has to do with autogen but this is where I am starting to get lost. Manny, can you help explain what FZ does?? I know you aren't the developer but maybe you can shed some light on what FZ portland does that photoscenerys do in particular. I know it is autogen related but how does one produce "good" or "awesome" autogen like what is used in FZ?? Is the whole airport basically autogen that was designed from photoreal scenery?? Thanks for your time.

Guest davewins

I think what it comes down to is autogen should only be used in airport areas where one would be at low-level flight for taking off/landing. They don't need autogen elsewhere. This is where they should use photoreal scenerys like FSGenesis North America Terrain Mesh.So you take off from an airport with beautiful autogen. I personally think FS autogen is horrendous. The houses and trees are just plain ugly. Nothing is pretty about it at all. I think if they concentrated autogen more on just airports they could make it look more real. Airports should use aerial photography (not satellite) with excellent autogen and other areas could do just fine with FSG Terrain Mesh.