Sign in to follow this  
kjrusse

New Model, ModelConverterX, and ADE

Hello all, I have a couple questions with regards to new models, ModelConverterX, and ADE.  I am always tweaking my home airport in ADE which I had to create from scratch since it didn't exist at the time FSX was released, so using some satellite imagery and ADE I've created it myself.  I decided the stock hangers available were kind of bland, so I created a hanger in Blender, textured it, and used ModelConverterX to create the BGL to load it in the game.  I did all of that successfully, then decided I would like to use that hanger at a couple of other airports that I fly to regularly, so I open up ADE, pull up the airport, install the BGL library, select my new hanger, place it where i want it, go into the game and nothing.  Ignoring the definition of insanity, I proceed to go back through the same process multiple times, expecting a different result.  Finally I decided to go through ModelConverterX, using the LAT/LONG from ADE where I had my hanger placed, and renaming the output file to <AIRPORT>_HANGER and run the converter and now the hanger is there.  My question is, why, once I've created the BGL with MCX can I not use ADE and add the hanger to other locations?  Do I have to create a new BGL file for every place I want to place an object from a library file?  Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing that will allow the object created in the BGL to be placed anywhere else via ADE?

Thanks in Advance.

-Kelly Joe