Sign in to follow this  
Guest david W.

Still no overcast clouds possible in FSX?

Guest ristretto

I was in San Francisco on 10/7/06 (fleet week) and saw the Naval ships, the Blue Angels (boring) and the Red Bull Air Race (lots of fun). Red Bull had four cone shaped booths and inside they had ten computers on which one could play the Red Bull Air Race using FSX! This is the first time I got to use FSX. Created a flight and took off from KSFO in A320, climbed to 20,000 feet and set a 10,000 feet thick overcast (8/8) stratus layer from 2,000ft to 12,000ft. Used 30 miles visibility, detailed clouds, max cloud coverage density, cloud draw distace 110miles. Went to spot plane view and looked down on top of the aircraft and through the 10,000 ft thick clouds saw the ground underneath. So still no overcast sky. Also tried a 10,000ft thick overcast cumulus layer and also no overcast sky. Tried a thinner 2000ft thick and 4000ft thick stratus layer and no overcast sky. I might have missed something so is it possible to create an overcast sky in FSX?

Guest david W.

I have been able to get fairly good overcast clouds in the FSX demo 2. I have succeeded with both Cumulus and Status clouds. I set the layer from 2000 feet to around 10,000. It worked well. I don