Sign in to follow this  
SPowell42

Help fixing FTX scenery issue

Hi all, I'm flying with Prepar3d, using FTX global base, FTX vector, and the FTX freeware global airport updates. I love to fly around the Outer Banks, and FTX global is really a necessity for this (OBX beaches need vector).

I'm hitting a scenery issue at Ocracoke airport (W95) - the base version of the airport has an ugly green texture near the runway, and the FTX version of this airport (it is one of the ones updated by Orbx) has a even larger ugly area. It's VERY distracting when flying around the OBX. 

I haven't really played with scenery much in the past, but I'd like to fix this. I've done some sluething and I've found that the following FTX file is the one that expands the ugly green texture:

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery\ADE_FTX_FTXG_W95_CVX.bgl

I'm too new to have any ideas how to fix this - but if someone could let me know what program to use (SbuilderX? ADE?) and maybe a good tutorial that illustrates this type of issue I'd love to get it fixed. I'd even like to try photoreal scenery for W95, but first I'd like to get rid of that horrible texture.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

p.s. I'd post a pick but don't really have access to anyplace to host it...