Sign in to follow this  
erick

C152 freeroam 70+fps / C152 training mission 10fps?

*Solved - sorry to be a bother with this one. It was just my impatience. Discovered that the 10 seconds or so stabilizing time at the beginning of the flight (in most scenarios) was just a lot longer due to the complexity of the scenery around Sedona. After about 20 seconds of not trying to do anything the FPS stabilized and I was good to go. I'll leave this here in case anyone else (who's as impatient as me) reads this and is able to relax.... like I should have!! cheers

Apart from this strange issue, so far so good. With the Cessna 152 I'm generally getting 60-75 fps. The sim usually takes 10 seconds or so to stabilize upon loading prior to solid fps. (I think we all experience this) However, I just loaded up the first Cessna 152 training mission and things got weird fast. (I haven't tried the training stuff till now)

It did its usual low fps for about 10 seconds and then stabilized at around 65fps. As soon as the instructor voice came on and the instruction boxes started popping up (ie: release brakes, etc.) my fps instantly dropped to like 10 or 12 fps. It came back to 65 fps after a few seconds but as soon as new instructions popped up, it tanked again. This continued off and on until lift off at which point I shut it off in frustration.

I loaded up Sedona in the same plane in free flight and it never dropped below 60. Really strange, any ideas??

ps- Free flight and all landing challenges, etc run perfectly fine.

pps- I run a gsync monitor at 1440p with an i7 4790k/1080ti/16gb memory and an ssd on the high setting

Thanks

Edited by erick
solved issue

4790k / 16gb / 1080ti / lotsa ssd's / 1440p / TM Warthog & Tflight Pedals