Sign in to follow this  
Guest mplyons

Installing FSX disables other (non-MS) software?

G'day all,This is not a flame, rather a request to see if my situation is unique.I installed FSX without incident and enjoyed it for about a week. After installing FSX I noticed that several applications no longer worked - notably AVG Antivirus (missing dll)and Genie Backup software (missing dll again). I reinstalled AVG Antivirus, but then FSX stopped working - would not load - it started and gave me the common error that I have duplicate entries in my aircraft directory - but it wouldn't ever complete loading. So I uninstalled and tried reinstalling. Then I started getting the infamous 1722 error/rollback. So now I've done a fresh install of WinXP (to SP2). Installed FSX without incident again. Installed Genie Backup sofware so I could bring back my archived FSX files. And now FSX won't load again...same as before...I get the duplicate entries warning and it just sits there. So I'm stuck with a non-functional FSX again and my other software is working on-gain/off-again...so I'm doing another install of WinXP and this time skipping the FSX install until resolution of the varied issues surrounding installation/activation/1722/etc. For reference FSX worked GREAT on my system...I loved every second of it. Has anyone else been hit by similar problems?V/RMike LyonsAMD FX55, 160GB SATA, 2GB RAM, 6800 Ultra, X-Fi Fatality

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!