Sign in to follow this  
Guest KaelOost

Multiplayer any good?

Hey guys,Question about multiplayer. Firstly, I ran it the other night. Joined a game quickly, its very smooth and I can hear the voices no problem at all. What I'm wondering about is how its actually practical to most of the flying that we do? I personally, and I always thought most people where the same, flew from point A to point B. That may 15 minutes or 15 hours. From what I can gather, that isn't really possable in a multiplayer game. You take off from an airport where you have a controller (or maybe 2) but as soon as you fly anywhere else, you don't have any further ATC coverage,and of course there are no other aircraft in the air.Before anybody mentions VATSIM, Yes, I'm aware of that and have flown with it many times. Problem is however how jumpy the other traffic is and as far as I know, it isn't up for FSX yet. In addition, same problem, when you leave one area, your out of controllers.Now, I recall reading somewhere that one of the reasons ACES didn't improve the inbuilt ATC was because they beleived multiplayer would take over. How? You pick a game (sever) and your stuck there. Its not like you can move thru different servers as you cross the country and therefore pick up the benifts of various controllers and other aircraft as you go. I can fully understant how multiplayer would be a fantastic expirence if it could bring simmers from all around the world into one huge game. With the ability to fly from one controllers airspace into another. I wouldn't be able to take a guess at how many aircraft/controllers there might be flying at one time. In peak times 10s of thousands I would say, from all over the world. Am I missing something? Please anybody with any more expirence in this area enlighten me.Cheers,Kael

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!