Sign in to follow this  
Guest wcs33

FSX "Unknown Device Driver" Error and Camera Views--Forces Reboot

Guest wcs33

Hello all,I wanted to see if anyone has experienced a systems reboot error while in FSX that has happened to me a couple of times. Here is the synopsis:It manifests itself first with a loss of all camera views but the spot and inside the planes in VC. So far it has only happened in the "empty" airspaces of the Aleutians and in far northern Canada near the arctic circle. It has happened to the default 747 and the Grumman Goose. It has happend in free flight and during a mission. I go to see various views, and it goes from VC directly to spot and back. If I cycle between these views more than once, I get re-booted and get the unknown driver error.If I "stay in the cockpit" and don't toggle between VC and spot, no error occurs.Would love any discussion or help. Here is some info from DxDiag:System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061System Model: ER902AA-ABA a1450nBIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PGProcessor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHzMemory: 2046MB RAM DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GSDriver Version: 6.14.0010.9147 (English) Driver Attributes: Final RetailDriver Date/Size: 8/11/2006 20:42:52, 4496128 bytesWHQL Logo'd: YesAlso using Saitex X-52 w/ retail driverThis has not happened once during tons of flying in all the default aircraft in more "dense" airspace (where there are more towers to have tower views).My hypothesis is that if FSX can't see a tower view, something is triggering an error process. Thanks Bill Schulz