Sign in to follow this  
Guest PlaidAvenger

Multiplayer ATC - aircraft registration, radar screen, ...

Heya all,I've tried a few times to play around as an ATC in multiplayer sessions but I'm having a problem that seems to cause being a controller overwhelming.I'll have someone call up on their mic and they'll read their aircraft registration, for example, GHMY. Then I'll take a look on my radar, and in my session info, and for the life of me I'm unable to find ANY aircraft GHMY. However, if I open up a multiplayer window, then look through all of the connected players I can see that 'memeticmusic' has the aircraft GHMY. Here's a screen cap that might help illustrate what I'm trying to say. :-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160417.jpgWhy can't I get that information on the radar or in the session info? Is there a way to get the radar or session info to display this? Or is this a limitation in the software?Are the rest of you ATC'ers out there finding this happening? How are you dealing with it?Sorry if this has been discussed, I did a search but couldn't seem to find anything relevant.Thanks in advance for any help. :-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes I have had that problam. The player needs to enter the right information in the ATC NAME window

>Yes I have had that problam. The player needs to enter the>right information in the ATC NAME windowChicodave,Thank you for the reply. It's nice to know it wasn't something I messed up in the game, however it might have been better if it had. :-hmmmSo I guess the way around it is to ask people to go end their flight and go back and enter their registration in that ATC NAME window, and hopefully they'll comply with that so it doesn't get all confusing, since I find doing ATC is confusing enough to begin with. :-)Is that what the rest of you do? Or are you able to cope with one name on the radar and them calling a different registration via voice?

I have found that when you host a session the best way to keep players out that don't know what their doing is to have them enter a password before they can enter the session. For example; if you would like to host a session at KSFO then tell the players the password is the ILS freq. for 28L. Just so know the freq. is 109.55.Player who take the time to look up the freq. will most of the time know the right way to enter the game. I will host a session tonight at salt lake city (KSLC). The password for the session will be the ILS freq. for runway 35 (110.1). Just look for CHICODAVE. You are welcome to join.ATC is not CONFUSING if you take your time.P.S. Sorry about the spelling I did't have a lot of time.