Sign in to follow this  
Guest stuxxx

World Scenery in FSX

Hi allWell I've had FSX for a few weeks now and like many of you there are some new features I like and some I am not so keen on.One concern is scenery in areas other than the States.I spent some time living on South Island, New Zealand, the scenery is absolutely stunning, any one who has watched the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy can see that.A few evenings back I decided to check out the area in FSX and was very disappointed. The mountains running down the central spine of South Island have no Autogen trees etc at all, It looks like desert, I was amazed how poor it was.I know many of us have been using the Godzone scenery for New Zealand and the many other addons that became available for FS9 over the past few years but I never remember FS9 being so poor out of the box so to speak.I know it's early days yet I just wondered if any one else was seeing similar problems in other parts of the world.I will persevere with FSX but I can't see me ditching FS9 for some time yet.Best Regards allSTU MAC184Margarita Air club

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!