Sign in to follow this  
Guest FxF3

FSX will not load with my video card ?

Guest rf

Just installed MSX, no propble. MS9 worked great, almost all sliders maxed out. While MSX loads I get an error saying that it will not work with my video card. It suggests I install ubdated drivers and try that. I did and I still get error when loading.Computer HP pavilion AMD Athlon xp-3200+ 512mb ram 3.0 ghz.Video is on-board (yuk) display adapter VIA/S3G UNICHROME IGP.UPGRADING VIDEO DRIVERS DID NOT HELP. Guess I need a new video card.I have a HP-pavillion a620n computer and I think HP says I have 2 unused PCI and a AGP slot. I'm not sure, never had it apart, but I have not added anything to the inside at all. I don't think i have a PCI express slot ?What is the minimum recommended video driver for FSX ? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to pay a fortune, but would like to fly FSX. Also, I think I will upgrade my 512 mb ram to a gig?Thanks for any help and responses!Bob

Guest FxF3

Hi FSX takes at least a 32mb video card your on board card may not have that much memory.Also if you buy a new card get a AGP card the PCI card will not do as well.You can get a pretty fast card for around $135.00. I thank you can get an ATI x1600 512mb for around that.Upgrade to at least 1.5gb of ram if you can.