Sign in to follow this  
acmem

FSX Product Activation

Please do not respond to this post if you are not experiencing the following problem or do not have any constructive solution for it.The following is what has happened to me with the whole FSX install thing:1. First installed and activated online with no problem with my previous motherboard and Pentium 4 Extreme CPU.2. Upgraded my motherboard and CPU to Dual 2 Core and FSX prompted me to activate online, which I did with no problem.3. Overclocked my CPU by 10% and while playing FSX it froze. When I tried to restart FSX it said there was a problem and to reinstall the game.4. I put the CPU clock speed back to default and I reinstalled FSX and the infamous 1722 error at the end of DVD 2 appeared. Tried to reinstall several times to no prevail.5. Reformatted, reinstalled Windows XP Pro, all previews software and FSX as suggested by many on this forum. When installing FSX on the newly install OS it prompted me to activate online which I did and it stated that the number of permitted activations has been reached and to activate by phone, which I did and everything went ok.6. a week later without installing or changing any hardware or software, while starting FSX to play, it prompted me to activate online again, I did and the activation went without problems.7. Just today, one week later after second online activation, it prompted me to activate online again. (I have done no previews software or hardware install) Called to activate by phone and my game is running again.Has any one had this same problem of FSX randomly deactivating and asking to reactivate the product with out you making any changes to software or hardware, and if you did, do you have a solution?I am nervous every time I start FSX now, wondering if it will ask me to activate again by phone :(My sys: Motherboard