Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kev_Is_Soaked

bug bites

my love for fsx did not protect me from getting bitten four times in five minutes:-)buzzing around cap fr

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I set out for a routine flight from Toronto to Montreal to test performance over a complete flight.... what I got was an adventure.It was snowy during the Pearson take off, quite bumpy too. The snow pretty much dissipated when I reached the outskirts of the city though, through the dense clouds I could see a desert down there. Finding it weird, I decided to investigate, and took my trusty CRJ down to 1500 feet for a close inspection. Sure enough, I had transported through time and space and was in the Sahara desert it seemed. From horizon to horizon, there was only sand.Just then, a mist enveloped the entire plane and I lost interest in the sand, I started to climb up and out of the cloud cover. Just then a small chimney appeared out of nowhere and clipped my wing. I thought I was a gonner, but remarkably the plane flew on. It was at this point I breathed a sigh of relief. It was at this point my heart stopped.Out of nowhere, a 2500ft ridge loomed ahead, quickly moving towards the place I would probably be a few seconds later. But luck was on my side. At 4fps, the heavy scenery started to come flying out of the mist, I managed to find time to get my parachute on and jump out to safety. The poor lil old CRJ vaporized on contact.Upon landing in a small rural Quebec town, I was taken to a local vet to make sure I was okay. They didn't believe I'd seen a mystical desert, they didn't believe a thing. According to them it's been cold all day but relatively cloud free..... I go for my psychological evaluation tomorrow.