Sign in to follow this  
Humbler66

Upgrade not working?

I've owned MSFS 2020 since the launch date, had no issues downloading & installing the sim, and zero issues doing any of the upgrades until the newest one. I went launched the sim yesterday around 8 pm EST (US) to do the upgrade and that's where my troubles began. Here's a rundown of the problem. The first thing I see now on launch is a completely black screen wit a small blue hamster wheel spinning away for about 3-4 minutes then the splash screens finally start up. It goes to the "Press Any Key" screen like normal. I press a key and it shows the Mt. Fuji picture screen with a large white hamster wheel spinning in the lower right corner for about 1 minute then a large grey square box with a white "X" in the upper right corner of the box appears over the Fuji screen and the white wheel spinning in the corner. After about a minute and a half it goes back to the "Press Any Key" screen and after pressing a key the screen turns completely black with the grey square on it and the white wheel spinning away. after a couple of minutes the grey square disappears and reappears after another minute. 2 minutes later back to the "Press Any Key" screen and over & over it goes on. I tried to log onto the Microsoft Xbox game pass site and it kept saying link not found using the login link from their site. After 3 hours of this going on I gave up for the night. To get out of the MSFS 2020 loop I would have to do a hard reset of my system to get out of it. I tried again this morning after clearing all my caches and memory but the same thing keeps happening. I was able to log onto the Microsoft site this morning and I went to My Library and clicked on the Premium Deluxe Edition (Which I own), click on the "Manage" button and it says "Upgrade currently not available".

Has anyone else had these issues? What's the best way to try to contact Microsoft about this issue? Right now I'm dead in the water, not able to use the sim. My system is an i9-9900K 10th gen., 64gb ram, Nvidia GeForce RTX2080 & my internet speed is 650Mbps download speed. Thanks for any help.