Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

FSX Questions / settings

To a certain degree in FS2004 and to an astonishing degree in FSX, I experience a problem with the taxi speed of the Baron 350. If it is the software then I would just love to get some way of adjusting the problem. problem lies in taxi speed / throttle settings. With the 350 it will hardly move then with the slightest throttle adjustment. it goes along the taxi way like a bullet. No other aircraft has the same problem. Not even the slightest hint of a problem. So this is confined to the 350. Anyone experienced this?. Is it a software problem that needs adressing or is it something I am doing or not doing. I enjoy the 350 and would like to hear what you guys who know the program much better than myself, say about it, and put me straight on the rest of this post. Only real problems with FSX otherwise is the stutter at (FRs) airports. Otherwise after a shakey start and a bit of cash changing hands, the program is becoming finaly enjoyable. I read that FSX does not really make much use of double core or PCI-E ? anyone know to what degree this is true? if it is indeed true?. If so could not MS do something about it to improve FRs? One more point is the coming of Vista. I am told that Vista requires considerable resources. Having heard that, I am trying to work out if it will help FSX, or make the resource (or FR), problem worse. Any ideas? Have good specs and don't really want to shoot myself in the foot by upgrading. Most of the settings for FSX are set at medium high. Am running a Fujitsu-Seimens 3Ghz dual core An ATI X1950 XTX card. 2 G RAM. Over 232G HD Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

When I flew the KingAir 350 (in FS9), I seem to recall that I had the best luck with taxi speed by setting the throttle at minimum and using the condition lever to control the idle speed. I haven't tried the 350 in FSX but if it is worse, then it is a real handful. R-

Realism goes both ways. That's a problem with the real KA350 too - it will not only taxi at idel but will accelarate too. IRL pilots make use of beta thrust but I am not sure to what extent that is correctly modelled in FSX, although there does appear to be more a margin between idle and true reverse.So for the 350 I suggest Low Idle, and riding the brakes. You don't have to pay for brakes in the sim, and they don't get red hot. ;)Allcott