Sign in to follow this  
Guest d.lahrman

Interesting Glitches

Try this in the Goose: Departure: ENF1 (Parking 1, Dockside), Oslo, NorwayDestination: ENDI, Geilo, NorwayGPS direct (HDG: 296)You'll first notice that you are parked on the shore so it is a good thing you chose the Goose. If you roll of the shoreline into the water, you'll also see the runway centerline floating on the water's surface. I tried starting from the active runway the first time and the airplane wouldn't move regardless of what I tried. These are the first glitches but I'm sure this is not so uncommon in FSX. As you fly NW over the fjords, you'll notice a number of land bridges and other pieces of land jutting out of the water. You'll notice many more of them if you fly more of this area (off-course). In reality, I have not visited Norway but I don't think these are accurate. At about 27nm from the destination, a strange formation will appear on the horizon. This one is obviously a glitch in terrain data. I won't go on with my description of additional glitches involved with this flight 'cause I don't want to ruin the easter egg (maybe not technically and easter egg) but continue to the destination and you will find a very interesting airport. If you search the Internet for this airport you can find a very good site of European airport webcams and you will also see that this airport is not correctly represented in FSX. I don't know if this was intentional or not but it sure is an interesting location. The entire area is very nice in FSX but I'm sure third-party add-on would make it awesome. I just hope they leave this airport as it is.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!