Sign in to follow this  
fab18

Planned and calculated descent from cruising altitude

Hi,

I'm new here and I've only been using Little Navmap for a short time in (P3dv5) and I can already say that I'm very fond of this tool. I have already created several flight plans, which were also read by my machines (PMDG, Qualitywings and Captain Sim) without any problems. The calculation of the plans has always led to the planned cruising altitude, but never initiated the descent, let alone calculated this to the destination airport in several stages. I use Sids & Stars, but no stage descent is shown in my flight plans. How can I change this? Reaching the cruising altitude (in several stages) is also possible.

Thanks! 

Regards,

Fabian

TOC and TOD are calculated in LNM in reference to data collected/stored at aircraft performance profile.
Aircraft performance profile data are collected during flights - LNM takes all required data from simulator, but because some models incorrectly reports their data sometimes the data can be wrong/improper, so it's necessary to check data in aircraft profile to be sure they are proper.

I can only guess that you haven't got filled all necessary data in aircrafts' performance profiles of your LNM,
For a TOC it's necessary fill section "Climb", for a TOD it's necessary fill section "Descent", "Cruise" section should give you calculation of enroute time.
More you can find in LNM manual - at sections 39, 40 and 41, it's very well described 🙂

These calculations in LNM are very simplified, I use them for flying in GA aircrafts.
If you need exactly calculations you should use FMC features - real climbing/descent profiles are based on Cost Index and other parameters that you type in into FMC during preflight briefing stage.

Regards,
Piotr

Edited by ppgas
  • Upvote 1

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).