Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joe Foster

FSX- missions and performance

I've noticed performance within the FSX missions I've attempted is quite good: a steady 24 FPS with no stuttering, even in turns. Two missions in particular, the Sitka approach in the King Air and the Congo mission in the DC3, have autogen and dense cloud cover. Performance, however, is better than I would get if I were to fly it in "regular" mode.Does anyone know why performance is better in the missions?Spec:Dell Dimension 84003.2 GHz P41 GB system RAMnVidia 6800 w 256MBThanks,JF

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've seen similar posts before about this, and I can't figure out why it should be. Have you compared a free flight in the same area? I have flown a couple of missions that drag the computer down to a crawl, but I have an old computer. Secret Shuttle is one that comes to mind.

>I've seen similar posts before about this, and I can't figure>out why it should be. Have you compared a free flight in the>same area? I have flown a couple of missions that drag the>computer down to a crawl, but I have an old computer. Secret>Shuttle is one that comes to mind.No, I haven't flown free flight in the same areas, but I will give it a try in the near future doing my best to replicate the conditions. I'll give Secret Shuttle a try, too.JF