Sign in to follow this  
Guest X15

Photo scenery help, again!

Guest X15

Hi guys,I'm trying out the Horizon UK photo scenery, seems good with the low res textures (Identical performance to Just Flights scenery), but I have an odd problem that I'm sure someone has seen before and knows the cure.With the higher res textures, they only appear directly under my plane. The rest of the scenery is the standard scenery and the photo textures load slowly around the aircraft as I bumble along.How do I fix it!Many thanks,Gemma

Guest cwright

By standard scenery, I assume you mean the default generic textures.If so, then there is an obvious explanation. Unlike the Just Flight scenery, this scenery places the full resolution 1.2 meter files in separate directories (named 1.2m Photo). The lower resolution files are placed in the directories named 2.4m Photo. They have to be separately enabled in FSX scenery manager.If the 2.4m files are not enabled then you will see generic textures surrounding the aircraft.Try these checks: In FSX scenery manager, check that there is a 2.4m entry for each area (three areas in each volume) and that each one is enabled.If this doesn't work, look in the scenery directories and check that the 2.4m files are physically present.If they are not present then you probably need to re-install. During installation you can choose to install only the 2.4m files.Best regards, Chris

Guest X15

Hi Chris,Yes I meant the default generic textures.I had checked the scenery library, I'll explain.If in the scenery library I tick the 2.4m Photo all works fine.If in the library I untick the 2.4m and tick the 1.2m then I only see photo scenery textures directly under the plane, the near distance and to the horizon is made up of the generic textures. As I fly along the photo textures under the plane move with me, loading and unloading. From this I assme the photo textures have installed (else I would not see a few of them directly under the plane) but for some reason are not fully loading?Best regards,Gemma

Guest X15

Hang on, am I supposed to have both ticked as the near distance to the horizon is going to be made up of the lower textures?