Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

To 172 pilots:

Guest wyoming

what are the reality settings you find most convincing for this a/c? Strangely enough I don't have any time on this a/c and it feels somewhat "light" with the settings recommended for the Marchetti. Thanks.

"Hard" realism settings are obviously the most realistic.Pat

Guest wyoming

Otherwise why would RealAir recommend less than hard?

Hm, it could be that RealAir has some realism setting modelled into the package and/or adjusted them to be more accurate, because the "realistic" settings in FSX are not that realistic after all.I am not sure. *shrug*

Guest christianholmes

Generally speaking, the default planes are definately more realistic a few notches down. They are just hard to fly on the full right- harder than necessary anyway.

Guest Challenger604

I agree I dont' have a pilot's license but have 10 hours in a Cessna 172 and full hard it seems much harder than in real life. However it might by my joystick versus a real yoke in a real plane.

Guest wyoming

than the real PA-19 I flew (which was pretty light) with settings about 1/2 way, whereas the Marchetti seems heavy enough. Of course, joystick is an issue but I have a decent Saitek X52. With your 10 hours what is the setting you find convincing?

Feels just about right to me,Slow, light, and gutless! :7 L.Adamson